Sunday, September 20, 2009

8 glasses of water a day...!

I admit that I am not used to drink lots of glasses of water. I prefer to drink orange juice and much colas. It is part of my routine, to drink colas everyday. In fact, I can consume more or less, 3 bottles of colas a day.

Drinking colas is such a habit for me. Until time comes that I see a doctor to have a check-up regarding my blood sugar, I found out that I have diabetes in a lower stage. The doctor said that if I will not consider to drink water for 8 or more glasses of it (water) a day, chances are I will not be saved from suffering diabetes.

At first, it wasn't easy for me to drink with the prescribed glasses of water because I crave for colas. But I think about my health now and the bad causes that too much drinking colas can harm my body. Furthermore, I am afraid of the fact that diabetes has no known cure, only preventions. So now, I force myself accompanied with discipline that I need to take 8 glasses of water a day.

Actually, it is my 11th day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment