Thursday, December 24, 2009

Way to relieve tension, anxiety and stress

My way to relieve tension, anxiety and stress is through NIA or popularly known as Neuromuscular Integrative Action. It is a movement practice rooted in martial arts, dance arts and healing arts. In a one-hour classic NIA class, you practice some of the 52 moves derived from the three arts, all to a wide variety of music. Occasionally, you shout an affirmation to relieve stress, ease pain and re-energize. In fact, I focus on expressiveness and adapting the movement to my body which is key to dealing with pain.

It evidently works because the movement helps your muscles relax, taking your body out of its fight-or-flight mode and into a natural "high".

This is my way to boost energy and allow my nervous system to heal itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment